We practice meaningful membership at First Baptist Church Centerton, which entails: gathering with the body regularly, participating in a small group community, and finding a place to serve for the advancement of the gospel.
The first step for joining the church is to enroll in and complete our new members' class–Foundations. Foundations is a six-week study that explores the following:
- What is the church?
- The biblical foundation for joining a church
- How is the church led?
- What does the church believe?
- What is the mission of the church?
- What does it mean to be a member of First Baptist Church Centerton?
Upon completion of Foundations, potential members will meet individually (or as a couple if married) with a pastor to discuss the following:
- Personal testimony of conversion and subsequent baptism
- Understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Previous church history
After the membership interview with a pastor, individuals who profess a genuine faith in Jesus Christ, have been baptized as believers by immersion in water, and are not harboring any unrepentant sin will be welcomed into the Christian fellowship of FBC Centerton. New members will be presented to the church during a Sunday morning corporate gathering.